International Print Center New York (IPCNY) is New York’s flagship non-profit arts institution dedicated to the innovative presentation of prints by emerging, established, national, and international artists. Founded in 2000, the print center is a vibrant hub and exhibition space located in New York’s Chelsea gallery district. IPCNY’s artist-centered approach engages the medium in all its varied potential, and includes guest-curated exhibitions that present dynamic, new scholarship as well as biannual New Prints open calls for work created in the preceding twelve months. A lively array of public programs engages audiences more deeply with the works on display. A 501(c)(3) institution, IPCNY depends on foundation, government, and individual support, as well as members’ contributions to fund its programs.
NEW PRINTS 2020/SUMMER
On View June 18–September 12, 2020
DEADLINE EXTENDED: 11:59PM EST on Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Apply online today! We encourage you to apply as early as possible. There is no fee to apply.
New Prints will still happen! IPCNY is exploring online formats should our exhibition space remain temporarily closed. Regardless, the exhibition and Artist Development Program will continue on.
JURIED BY CHITRA GANESH
Chitra Ganesh is a Brooklyn-based artist whose practice brings to light narrative representations of femininity, sexuality, and power typically absent from canons of literature, history, and art. Her drawings, prints, comics, installations, and video combine and subvert Hindu and Buddhist mythology, South-Asian pictorial forms, 19th century European portraiture and fairytales, and contemporary visual culture. Ganesh created her first published prints at the Brodsky Center in 2009 and has continued to pursue the medium, most recently in “Sultana’s Dream” a portfolio of 27 linocuts at Durham Press. Ganesh graduated from Brown University with a BA in Comparative Literature and Art-Semiotics, and received her MFA from Columbia University. Her is widely recognized in South Asia, and has been exhibited internationally and in New York, including solo presentations at The Warhol Museum, PS1/ MoMA, the Brooklyn Museum, and most recently at the Rubin Museum and The Kitchen. She has been selected for the Leslie Lohman Museums Queer Power Façade Commission, which will be unveiled in June 2020.
ABOUT NEW PRINTS
New Prints 2020/Summer will be the 62nd presentation of IPCNY's New Prints Program. Established in 2000, the New Prints Program is a biannual, juried open call for prints and print-based work created in the preceding twelve months. Artists selected for the exhibition will also be invited to apply for IPCNY's New Prints Artist Development Program consisting of three opportunities: an artist residency, artist mentorship program, and sponsored coursework. Learn more about New Prints and the Artist Development Program here.
- Prints must have been completed within 12 months of the beginning of the open call. (Works created before February of 2019 are NOT eligible)
- Artists who have exhibited in New Prints within the past 2 years (New Prints 2018/Summer, 2019/Winter, 2019/Summer, and 2020/Winter) may NOT submit their work for consideration.
- Editioned prints, unique printed works, printed installations, artist’s books, print-based animations, and ephemeral formats are eligible.
- Photography or direct reproductions of other artworks, such as drawings or paintings, are NOT eligible.
- There is no maximum for work dimensions, though as IPCNY has limited wall space, size comes into play in the jurying process.
- Open internationally, no nationality requirements.
- Artists may submit up to 3 works. Publishers and presses may submit up to 3 artists, with 3 works per artist.
- Images should be in jpeg format, 72 dpi with longest dimension a maximum of 1,000 pixels OR less than 2MB.
- Animations may be submitted as MP4, MOV, or FLV files.
- Each file should be named as follows: artist's last name_first name_entry number. (For example: smith_john_01.jpg, smith_john_01detail.jpg, smith_john_02.jpg, etc.)
For any questions, contact email@example.com.