NEW PRINTS 2020/WINTER
January 14, 2020–March 21, 2020
Juried by Ariana Barat, artist, activist, and Printmaking Facilities Manager at Parsons School of Design; Gregory Burnet, artist, Master Printer, and Owner of Burnet Editions, New York; Orit Mardkha-Tenzer, artist, graphic designer, and instructor of graphic design at City College of New York; and Keris Salmon, visual artist and storyteller.
Apply online today! We encourage you to apply as early as possible. The deadline is 11:59PM EST on Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. There is no fee to apply.
ABOUT NEW PRINTS
New Prints 2020/Winter will be the 61st presentation of IPCNY's New Prints Program. Established in 2000, the New Prints Program is a biannual, juried open call for prints and print-based work created in the preceding twelve months. Artists selected for the exhibition will also be invited to apply for IPCNY's New Prints Artist Development Program consisting of three opportunities: an artist residency, artist mentorship program, and sponsored coursework. Learn more about New Prints and the Artist Development Program here.
- Artists who have exhibited in New Prints within the past 2 years (New Prints 2018/Winter, 2018/Summer, 2019/Winter, and 2019/Summer) may NOT submit their work for consideration.
- Editioned prints, unique printed works, printed installations, artist’s books, print-based animations, and ephemeral formats are eligible.
- Photography or direct reproductions of other artworks, such as drawings or paintings, are NOT eligible.
- Prints must have been completed within 12 months of the beginning of the open call. (Works created before September of 2018 are NOT eligible.)
- Open internationally, no nationality requirements.
- Artists may submit up to 3 works. Publishers and presses may submit up to 3 artists, with 3 works per artist.
- Images should be in jpeg format, 72 dpi with longest dimension a maximum of 1,000 pixels.
- Animations may be submitted as MP4, MOV, or FLV files.
- Each file should be named as follows: artist's last name_first name_entry number. (For example: smith_john_01.jpg, smith_john_02.jpg, etc.)
For any questions, contact email@example.com.